Need To Know
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DISCOUNT CHURCH CHAIRS BEFORE YOU BUY !
Lower priced ($28.95 – $33.95) highly promoted church chairs are appearing all over the internet. Although available from many internet sources (usually the same company using multiple marketing names) most are the same chairs with different names manufactured by the same volume offshore company.
Be sure to obtain a sample of whatever chair you are interested in and compare it side by side with the competition. Virtually all credible church seating companies will provide your church with a FREE sample. If they won’t, find out why.
HERE IS WHAT TO LOOK FOR
- FRAMES – Discount chairs will use the lowest grade 18 GAUGE steel tubing and advertise that they will support 600 to 700 pounds. Quality church chairs will use 16 GAUGE 1 inch high quality steel with TRUE MANDREL BENDS (the LOWER the gauge the STRONGER the steel). Connecting (lateral) supports will also be heavy duty. Better frames will support 1500 lbs or more. The issue is not collapsing under one person but DURABILITY AND RESISTANCE TO TOURQUING over the life of the chair.
- FOAM – Discount chairs will use the lowest grade commercial foam available. There will also be only one layer of foam. Cheap foam will not last as long nor be as comfortable or resilient as quality commercial grade foam!
- FASTENING SYSTEMS – The frame of the discount chairs will be fastened to the seat and back support with simple wood screws that will work loose in a year or two. A quality chair will use STEEL TO STEEL T-NUTS for years of trouble free service that will not work loose with 5 X the holding power.
- FRAME PAINTING – Quality seating will use a multi-step electrostatic powder coating like that used on quality automobiles for years of chip resistant service. Discount chairs use a process that is more likely to chip.
- FABRIC – Discount chairs will use a very low grade fabric without indicating or warranting the tested wear of the fabric. Quality seating will have higher grade commercial fabrics and will indicate and warrant the wear.
- SEAT SIZE – Discount $28.95 chairs will come with an undersized 18.5 inch wide seat to save manufacturing costs.
- REPUTATION AND WARRANTY – Is there a written warranty? What company stands behind it? How long have they been in business and serving churches? Will they willingly provide multiple satisfied church customers who have used their products for multiple years?
STEWARDSHIP IS ABOUT SELECTING THE BEST VALUE!
TAKE YOUR TIME AND COMPARE. FOR VERY LITTLE MORE YOU CAN BUY
QUALITY, LONG LASTING SEATING FROM A REPUTABLE PROVIDER.