When buying church seating, you need to decide what style is right for your congregation. To start, ask yourself a few questions about your church’s operational style.
Questions to Ask When Choosing Church Seating
- Do you have a dedicated worship space, or a multi-purpose location for worship and social activities?
- Are your parishioners in need of comfort for extended services or activities?
- Will you be sharing the seating with another group or church?
- Will you need to store the seating?
Once you’ve considered these questions, there are generally two high-quality church chair options – folding chairs and stackable chairs. Each has their unique features and specific benefits for your church.
Church Folding Chairs – Flexible and Multi-Functional
Many churches share space with schools, civic groups and even other churches. Sharing space is often a top reason for selecting folding chairs. Here are some of the benefits of folding chairs.
Folding Chair Pros:
- Easy to maneuver into new seating arrangements, quickly
- Storage in caddies keep chairs out of view when not in use
- Many materials to choose from – vinyl, metal and upholstered
- Can be used outdoors, if necessary
Folding Chair Cons:
- Not as comfortable for long services
- Usually don’t include bookracks or card pockets
- More casual style
Stackable Church Chairs – Strong and Secure
Many churches with a dedicated worship space opt for stackable chairs because they lend a feeling of permanency, yet they are flexible. You can easily modify your church’s seating arrangement for special services and events.
Stackable Chair Pros:
- Comfortable and ergonomic
- Structurally solid and great support
- Quick breakdown options
- Legs are protected from damage thanks to paint finishes and stacking buttons
- Can include upgrades like book pouches or pockets and bookracks
Stackable Chair Cons:
- Heavier than folding chairs
- Upholstered models are not suitable for outdoor use
- Can be harder to clean and maintain
Overall, folding and stacking chairs can both be great options for church seating. It depends largely on your style of worship and your church building itself. However, the highest standard of quality and comfort is the upholstered stackable chair. ChurchPlaza is known for its high-quality upholstered chair models such as the Jubilee chairs, Jericho chairs, and Genesis chairs. We also carry a variety of sturdy folding chairs with enhancements such as vinyl and fabric upholstery.
Once you’ve identified your church seating needs, view our wide selection of church chairs and then contact us at 1-800-927-6775 to discuss the best options for your church. We will carefully consider your budget and needs to bring you the best church seating solution.