7 Ways to Improve Your Church Facilities for the New Year
The new year is a great time to change things up. People make New Year’s resolutions to improve themselves; why not make a resolution to improve your church facilities this year? No matter your budget, there is sure to be a way for you to spruce up your worship space.
Here are some interior remodeling ideas for your church. These are all guaranteed to refresh the look of your space!
Put on A Fresh Coat of Paint
It’s simple, but a new coat of paint really does brighten the room, even if you stick to the same color. Changing colors can make even more of an impact. Think about the type of atmosphere you want to convey, and choose your color accordingly.
- Blue shades produce a sense of calm.
- Green signifies peace and tranquility.
- Red and orange energize.
- Yellow is seen as optimistic and uplifting.
- Purple evokes creativity
- Pink is often thought of as feminine. It can be calming or energizing, depending on how saturated the hue is.
- Neutral colors like white, grey, or brown could have a cold or warm feeling, depending on the undertones. Neutral shades are the most versatile and will match virtually any décor.
When picking a paint color, be aware of how it will look with your church furniture. Aim for matching or complementary colors.
Replace the Flooring
New flooring is another simple way to refresh a church’s look. The three main types of flooring are carpeting, tile or linoleum, and wood.
- Wood: Wood is often the most expensive choice, especially hardwood, but it looks stunning. Just be sure to match the floor to any other wood furniture or accents in your church.
- Tile: The advantage of tile or linoleum is that these materials are easy to clean. Choose one of these for a low-maintenance look that can be customized with a variety of patterns.
- Carpeting: Carpeting is comfortable for your congregation, but can be hard to clean. Like tile and linoleum, it comes in a variety of colors and patterns.
Invest in Some New Church Furniture and Accessories
The furniture and accessories in your church contribute to the atmosphere as well. You could invest in some new furniture to change your look. Lecterns, pulpit chairs, baptismal fonts, and communion or offering tables are the main pieces. Just replacing a few of these could make a big difference!
Flower stands or tithe boxes provide nice accents, and are often reasonably priced.
Update Classrooms and Multipurpose Rooms
Your church’s religious education classes, events, and other social functions probably meet in a separate area from the worship space. Perhaps those rooms could use some updates as well. Try some new paint and flooring, or add furniture such as folding tables and room dividers.
Consider taking a look at the restrooms as well. This is probably the last area you think of, and it could be time for new toilets or stalls, or maybe just a few repairs.
Upgrade Your Audio and Video Equipment
Perhaps you bought the most affordable equipment you could find when you started out, and you’d like to upgrade. Or maybe you’ve had the same equipment for many years and it’s time to replace it. Either way, your visitors will appreciate having brand-new audio and video equipment!
Invest in New Instruments for Your Worship Team
Your worship team will be thrilled to receive new instruments! It will also make a difference for the congregation, as they will be able to hear the difference in sound quality. Your worship music is one of the most important aspects of the service. Make sure it receives the attention it deserves by investing in the highest-quality instruments.
Replace or Update the Seating
Chances are, you’ve had your church seating for a while now. Take a good look at your church chairs to see if they are still in good condition. If the cushions are fraying, worn, or perhaps even ripped, you could get them re-upholstered. Notice any cracks in the frame or legs? This could be a sign it’s time to replace the chairs entirely.
Replacing your chairs can make a big impact on the look of your church, and can improve the service for your congregation. No one enjoys sitting on uncomfortable chairs, so your congregation will appreciate new, high-quality seats.
If you’ve decided it’s time to update your worship space, ChurchPlaza has church furniture, accessories, and church seating to fill your needs. Whether you’re looking for a new lectern, communion table, or church chairs, we invite you to browse our website to see what we have to offer.